Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let Him Tell His Story Then Sit Down

By all means, let Tim Tebow's Mom make a commercial. But then you'd better sit respectfully when any other marginal celebrity is spouting off on their own pet political rant.

Tim Tebow gets a say? Then so does Rosie O'Donnell.

Ted Nugent is a deep political thinker? Then so is Avril Lavigne.

Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton are trenchant political commentators? Then take your lumps from Alec Baldwin.

Kirk Cameron and Scott Baio are now your poster boys? Golly, I don't know. Carrot Top and Gallagher? What's their POV? It's hard to riff on Baio and Cameron. They weren't really relevant when they were working steady.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Happy Circumstance,

My name is Barbara O’ Brien and my blogging at The Mahablog, Crooks and Liars, AlterNet, and elsewhere on the progressive political and health blogophere has earned me the notoriety of being a panelist at the Yearly Kos Convention and a featured guest blogger at the Take Back America Conference in Washington, DC.

I’m contacting you because I found your blog in a prominent political and health care site search and want to tell you about my newest blogging platform —the public concern of health care. Our shared concerns include health reform, public health, and asbestos contamination.

To increase awareness on these important issues, my goal is to get a resource link on your site or even allow me to provide a guest posting. Please contact me back, I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Barbara O’ Brien
barbaraobrien@maacenter.org