Friday, July 30, 2010

Moderately Cloudy Day for WisGOP Candidates

The headlines that almost were.

"Jim Doyle not personally responsible for all the troubles in the country."
Two-thirds of the states already forecast another round of double-digit budget
gaps in FY 2012. The deficit tally so far is $72.1 billion. Eighteen states
expect the gap to be at least 10% of their general fund.

"Feingold refuses to divest stock holding"
"However, I want to make it clear that I will not be divesting my one
share in the Packers," Feingold said. "Not because it's the only stock I own, or
because market conditions predict a Super Bowl, but because I am a committed
Packer fan whether they are up or down."


Johnson had suggested
he would sell the stock and use the money for his Senate run. But this week he
balked. "I think that will eventually happen, but I'm going to do it based on
market conditions," Johnson
told
reporters. "I'm going to have to finance this campaign. ...


"LaHood tells GOP Gov candidates they've missed the train"
"High-speed rail is coming to Wisconsin," LaHood said. "There's no stopping
it."

Just another obstructionist day on the campaign trail for Neumann, RoJo and Walker; wandering around in a land where ethics depend on market conditions, where public transportation is bad and where you can cherry-pick the blame.

No comments: