Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Movie Faves

What are your favorite Christmas movies; not necessarily the best or most heartwarming, but the ones you love to watch?

I offer these in no particular order.

A Christmas Story
Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. My personal
preference was for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner
flavor - heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the
other hand...
Scrooged
It's Christmas Eve. It's-it's the one night of the year when we all act a
little nicer, we-we-we smile a little easier, we-w-w-we-we-we cheer a little
more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year we are the people that we
always hoped we would be.

Love, Actually
Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the
arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that
we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me
that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy,
but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and
wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin
Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were
messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for
it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around.

Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol
Ringle, ringle, coins when they jingle, make such a lovely sound. Give them
away and nobody can rob you.

Carol For Another Christmas
Each behind his own fence! Each behind his own barricade! Follow me,
my friends and loved ones, to the perfect society! The Civilization of ‘I’!

1 comment:

Vashti said...

I also really like "A Christmas Without Snow" which chronicles the trials of a small church choir planning to sing "The Messiah" for Christmas time. Stars Michael Learned and John Houseman, not to mention James Cromwell. No idea why but I actually bought the DVD.