Thursday, April 05, 2007

Context Is Important

There were two pictures among those posted by Yahoo on Monday that caught my eye immediately. Yahoo pushes a feed of those pictures which are most frequently emailed every day.

When I saw these two I knew that they would rank near the top of 2007 lists for pictures most often miscaptioned.

This picture is of Senator Clinton seeing an old friend in the audience. It took exactly one day for Owen to have it miscaptioned as having something to do with campaign fund raising.








This picture, on the other hand, is of Newt Gingrich being lead away by his handlers after saying that bi-lingual education leads to the language of the Ghetto. Gingrich would later say that he meant to be anti-Semitic rather than anti-Hispanic.

I'm not sure how it will be miscaptioned by partisans but I'm certain that it will be.

No comments: