From The Gazette
Disaster Recovery Centers set visits
State and federal officials announced that new Disaster Recovery Centers will open to serve counties that were added to the Aug. 26 disaster declaration.Rock and eight other counties were added to the disaster zone Thursday.The recovery centers, or DRCs, are intended to help those who suffered loss from the severe storms and flooding that occurred Aug. 18-31, according officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Wisconsin Emergency Management.
Mobile DRCs are planned for the counties of Iowa, Jefferson, Rock and Grant, according to a news release issued late Friday.No opening dates or locations of those DRCs have yet been announced.
All DRCs open at noon until 7 p.m. on their first day and from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice. DRCs opening next week include:
* Dane County DRC, Robertson Road Facility, 4318 Robertson Road, Madison, opening at noon Tuesday.
* Kenosha County DRC, Kenosha County Center, 19600 75th St., Intersection of Highways 45 and 50, Bristol, opening at noon Tuesday.
* Racine County DRC, Western Racine County Service Center, 209 N. Main St., Burlington, opening noon Tuesday.
* Columbia County Mobile DRC, pavilion in Columbus Firemen's Park, Highway 73, 1049 Park Ave., Columbus, opening noon Monday and closing 7 p.m. Tuesday.
* Green County Mobile DRC, Pleasant View Complex, Highway 81, Monroe, opening noon Monday, closing 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Those affected by the flooding are urged to register their damage online anytime at www.fema.gov or by calling 1-800-621-3362 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. For those with special speech or hearing needs, the TTY number is 1-800-462-7585.
http://gazetteextra.com/fema0908.aspFEMA's temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must complete and return them to SBA to be eligible for assistance that covers real estate, business losses, personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.