Thursday, February 21, 2008

Clemens Cancels

From the NY Daily News


Thursday, February 21st 2008, 4:00 AM
Roger Clemens won't be going to Disney World.

The seven-time Cy Young winner decided not to attend "
ESPN The
Weekend," the cable network's all-sports fan fest in
Disney's Hollywood
Studios complex in
Orlando, Fla.

"Roger told us he thought he would be a distraction,"
Chris
LaPlaca
, an ESPN spokesman, said Wednesday.

The 45-year-old Clemens told ESPN: "I had been looking forward to
'ESPN The Weekend.' Given some strong feelings in some circles today, I believe
my current participation could be a distraction. This event should be an
occasion for fun by all, and I want that to be the case for everyone involved.
So I won't be coming at this point in time. ..."



I'm thinking it's because he found out that Bashful had convinced Doc to go to the Mitchell Commission.

No comments: