Friday, May 08, 2009

Keep Your Foot On The Gas

Dick Cheney isn't content to steer the Republican Party into the ditch. He's trying to get the wheels to fall off as well.
"You know, when you add all those things up, the idea that we ought to
moderate basically means we ought to fundamentally change our philosophy,"
Cheney also said. "I for one am not prepared to do that, and I think most of us
aren’t.

I'm hoping that the Republican Party can come back strong. One party government isn't a pretty thing, no matter who's in charge. I'm just hoping that they can find some statesmen and women to run the damn thing so it's relevant again.

I mean, how goofy do you have to be to drive Joe the Fake Plumber out?

2 comments:

Pontificator said...

Power corrupts. Absoltue power corrupts absolutely. The Democrats will make sure the Republicans come back strong. It always happens ... both ways.

Anonymous said...

As much as I think investigations/prosecutions are absolutely necessary regarding Bush/Cheney torture, I think that is just the thing that could bring the GOP back strong. I don't want that, more than I do want the prosecutions.