Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Snap Reaction

I wasn't overly impressed with either candidate last night. I thought McCain looked unsteady on his feet at times, as if he were very tired from it all. I thought Senator Obama came off as unpolished, even when launching into set-pieces he should have known he'd be using.

Neither scored a knockout punch in my eyes. Obama scored points, I thought, in the by-play around Iran and Pakistan. Neither one convinced me that they had a clue as to how to fix healthcare funding.

Not a great night for America, but at least we get to see our candidates. I'll give the win to Capital D Democracy and wait for the next one.

1 comment:

Zach W. said...

grumps, you're right. Neither candidate scored the "knockout punch," but Obama certainly appeared more presidential than McCain, and for that reason alone you have to consider last night's debate a win for Obama.