Monday, August 11, 2008

Feeling Lucky? I Don't Think So

The new Lucky apartments opened on the site of the old University Square complex last week. I'll spare you the old-guy rants about tearing stuff down and putting other stuff there within my lifetime. Suffice it to say, some of the stories are worth the beer you'd buy me to tell them and at least one involves the birth of my twins.

But, I digress.

First, the developer ran afoul of advocates for those in wheelchairs.

Second, 500 tons is still a million pounds. I don't think your elephant quite hit that.
A 359-unit apartment project in University Square officially celebrated its
opening Wednesday with the installation of a 500-ton elephant from India named
"Lucky."
Unless there's another elephant around somewhere, I'm thinking that two linebackers or three TKE's could have that thing over the door down and in the back of the Excursion before the light changed.

And finally, $1.80/hour for parking? Are you out of your mind? I know that anybody who parks there twice is out of theirs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. The ARCHITECT ran afoul
2. The MEDIA made a typo in THEIR story
3. The retail parking is NOT part of the apartment complex