Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Problem With Dancing With A Gorilla Is That The Gorilla Decides When You're Done

Georgian president to McCain: Move ‘from words to deeds’

McCain's foreign policy guy was Georgia's PR guy to the tune of $800,000. McCain nominated the Georgian leader for a Nobel Peace Prize but the committee was unconvinced.

Now McCain's mouth is writing checks that only the 82nd Airborne can cash.

That reminds me of an old Steve Goodman song.

She was young and beautiful and drowning
And I was the only hero in the crowd
Gave her artificial respiration,
Mouth to mouth resuscitation
Took her home and dried her out
Fed her lots of chicken soup and chocolate
Tucked her right in a feather bed
Nursed her through the night and with the
Morning light she rolled over, looked up
At me and said;

What have you done for me lately'
Cause lately I've been doing without you
What have you done for me lately
Don't let me be misconstrued
Cast your bread on the water
And what do you get?
Some hard luck
Story and your bread gets wet
What have you done for me lately'
Cause lately I've been doing without you

No comments: