Friday, November 21, 2008

On Backs Scratched and Introductions Made

Once upon a time introductions were formal things involving footmen and silver salvers and white gloves and whatnot. Today they are much more likely to be a series of grunted, "Dudes,' and rather cursory gestures.



I'll take a moment to make an introduction to you, my four readers, of someone you should have been reading all along. I mean, for Heaven's sake, that he's been right there in my blogroll for the whole time. This introduction comes requested, but not coerced, by said gazetteer as a way of rolling new eyes across readily available opinion, occasional news and, from time to time, sensational photos meant solely to build traffic.



It is, with all that in mind, truly my pleasure to point you all to From Where I Sit, a blog written by an erstwhile wheel-chair equipped ex-cop turned shamus with the improbable name of Elliott Stearns, backed by his faithful, if merely mortal, sidekick Michael Caughill. To make matters even more untidy Caughill, in the manner of Watson, has written a book about Stearns who...Oh, bother. I'm sure I can't do it justice. Go see for yourself.

I'll leave you with these words from another who used both Stearns and Elliot in his names.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


Go. Visit From Where I Sit and see if he doesn't bring us back to a better understanding of the place we started.

No comments: