Saturday, March 08, 2008

Seniors and Rebate Checks

You have to file a return by April 15 to receive a rebate. This is from Tammy Baldwin's newsletter.

You can read more about my activities below, but I want to make you aware of
an important issue involving seniors and the economic stimulus rebate checks
that will be distributed in the next several months. Many seniors and
others on limited incomes who receive Social Security and/or some VA benefits
don't generally file income tax returns. Nevertheless, they may
be eligible to receive a rebate check as part of the recently passed economic
stimulus package.

To receive a rebate check, though, you must file a tax return by April 15 if your income in 2007 from Social Security benefits, certain VA benefits, and other earned income was at least $3,000. Please help inform your friends, neighbors, and family members about this requirement.

To learn more, click here or call my office in Madison (608-258-9800) or Beloit
(608-362-2800). The information is also available on my website,


No comments: