Monday, June 16, 2008

"Pancakes Are Going To Be Cheaper In My House"

The Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival turned political over the weekend, which probably isn't surprising. Anytime you get 80,000 people together someone is going to try to deliver a message.

Acts as widely diverse as BB King and Sigur Ros, Death Cab For Cutie and Robert Plant with Allison Krauss played the festival south of Nashville over the weekend and many of the acts had a political twist to the tunage. But the lines that I'll share come from Chris Rock: Rock said that Barack Obama has a name so black-sounding that he could be "the bass player for the Commodores."

The comedian wondered how gas prices could be so high considering the Iraq war: "Let me tell you something. If I invade IHOP, pancakes are going to be cheaper in my house."

No comments: