Friday, June 27, 2008

Things That Make You Go, "Huh?"

In the gift shop at Louis Armstrong Airport you can buy a 5" long pewter Tabasco-logo letter opener. I'm trying to cut a TGIFriday steak with a plastic knife but have a metal fork.

Huh?

There was a smattering of FEMA types on my flight into Madison, presumably on their way to Janesville or Delton or...One of them is dressed as if he's never seen what high water leaves behind. If my property is flooded the last person I want in my driveway is a 15 year-old wearing flip-flops.

Huh?

Overheard in The Quarter: "Yes we lived right on Bourbon Street." "Well, okay. But you weren't right ON Bourbon Street, right?"

Huh?

Out of the mouth of a bartender who should, we hope, know better: "Yeah, If you're looking for an import, that Dos Equis is the best Japanese beer we have."

Huh?

Deep in the heart of the Lower Ninth Ward is Flood Street. It's pretty well wiped clean, too.

Huh?

No comments: