Friday, June 27, 2008

What's The "Difference?"

Let's fisk this from Rep Ryan, shall we? The quote is from a State Journal interview.
"I think, Keep your options open, ' " Ryan said in a recent interview. "I
don 't want to be in politics my whole life. I want to be there long enough to
make a difference. "

Paul Ryan has been in Washington for 5 terms, three of them with a Republican President and Congress. Why didn't he make a difference from a position of strength?

Paul Ryan has been a rubber stamp for GWB for 8 years and he's hoping you forget it. He and Flyin' Jim Sensenbrenner have been consistent voices for the war in Iraq, for our dwindling civil rights and for trashing our economy for the benefit of the very richest among us.

"Keep your options open," he says. "I don't want to be in politics my whole life," he adds with an implied, "Aww, shucks." That just means he's looking for that one place to cash in the markers he's been collecting while he's been in Washington. It's easy to get rich as a Congressman but the serious money comes afterward, cashing in on consultancies and lobbying work.

Long enough to make a difference, Paul? Oh you've done that. I hope it doesn't take too long to get it undone and get America back on track. My granddaughter is already three. I'd like to see it rebound for her.

No comments: