Friday, February 03, 2006

I Dreamed About Scott Jensen's Mom


It was an odd dream, of course, and I only remember parts of it.

"Oh, yes," she said, "Scotty was always playing follow the leader. He always did whatever the other kids did whether I yelled at him or not. He knew that sometimes it was wrong but he just couldn't help himself."

"But, Mom, "He'd say, "All of the other kids are (I don't remember this part well. I think she said something about breaking something) Why are you only picking on me?"

"Because I'm your Mother, Scotty. Chuckie and Stevie have already had to answer for what they did. If Davey P jumped off a bridge, would you jump off a bridge, too?"

"Not again," Scotty hung his head. "But I'm going to kick and scream and fall on the floor until you bring all my friends in here so you can see that I'm not so bad."

"Oh, Scotty," His Mother said. "This time it's all about you. Try to act like a little man and not be a baby.

No comments: