Wednesday, September 17, 2008

McCampaign Jumps The Shark

How can you tell that a campaign has whined itself into irrelevancy?
"Well, I think that she looked a bit like her. I think that, of course,
the portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that
sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin
as totally superficial.


"I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful
in the extreme, and yes, I would say, sexist in the sense that just because
Sarah Palin has different views than Hillary Clinton does not mean that she
lacks substance. She has a lot of substance."


A comedy sketch, on a comedy show, featuring two women, written by women is being described by a woman as sexist. I think that Fiorina needs to step back and look at her life a little bit to see how she's being used here.

Is she surprised that SNL might poke fun at a current newsmaker? Did Fiorina truly believe that sequestering Palin could keep her from being talked about? Will another week away from the Press bring more flattering portrayals of Palin?

I'm betting not.

No comments: