Saturday, June 24, 2006

Whoopsie!

I was wrong. I agreed with the President and see what it gets me? I was wrong. So was the President, but that's cold comfort right now. I took a chance, went out on a limb and said that, just this once, GW was right.

What a shock to find out he's fallible.

I agreed with the President when he said, "
"We ... need to confront the larger problem of too many localized fuel blends,
which are called boutique fuels. This has produced an uncoordinated,
overly complex set of fuel rules that tends to cause the price to go up."

That argument made sense to me but a draft report released Thursday by the EPA says that boutique fuels aren't responsible for higher pump prices. From the Washington Post:

Although often cited as a reason for volatile gasoline prices, so-called
"boutique fuels" have not caused unusual distribution problems or contributed to
price increases, the report concludes.

The review was conducted by a task
force headed by the Environmental Protection Agency and involving
representatives from the 50 states as well as the Energy and Agriculture
departments.

Government restrictions that promote breathable air aren't raising our energy costs, according to the task force. Now that a scientific study has shown GW to be wrong he'll most likely change his views.

That's what a reasonable man would do. I know I have.

No comments: