Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Just Thinking Out Loud

If this came up for a vote today in the US Congress would it pass? Would the President veto it?

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and
no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized."

It seems clear to me. "Probable Cause" is there as is "Oath and affirmation." "Place, persons, things;" that seems clear as well. "Shall not be violated" is crystalline. I don't see where the problem is.

Okay, what about this one, then?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of
President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve,
protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Just thinking out loud.

1 comment:

Mark Schnepper said...

"to the best of my ability."

I think that verbiage gives him some "wiggle room."

He has failed at everything in his career!